I’ve been so busy that I’ve barely had time to post. Here’s seven things currently making me happy.
- The Walking Dead. No, i’m not happy about the show itself (I am quite the opposite), but I finally have a tv show to get emotional about again. And it makes sunday nights less dreadful.
- Seeing one of my best friends this weekend. A more detailed post about where we went is coming soon, but it felt so good to see Hannah after two months of hanging out with my cats.
- Shadow of a Gunman. At this point, we’re less than three weeks away from opening night and it seems unreal (mostly because we haven’t actually rehearsed on stage yet… or stopped using scripts). It’s almost time to see the set and our costumes (which we are renting!). I love every moment of the process and the last few weeks are some of the craziest and most exciting. Not to mention, you start to spend every minute with your cast and get super close.
- Pomegranates. They’re finally in season again, which means I can forget about the existence of all other foods.
- Midterms. (Or lack thereof.) RCC doesn’t believe in midterms, most likely because they understand to some extent that midterms induce crying. So not only do I have no gigantic tests in any of my classes, no tests at allin four out of six, but I also had no lab last week. No lab report due this week. I have been sleeping in, watching tv, and best of all, not doing homework.
- Rock climbing. I’ve been trying to go to the gym every friday, but rehearsal has been making it difficult to go at night (the time our cousins go). However, an empty gym gives me almost free reign of the walls. I can focus on any wall or portion of the bouldering for a while and take breaks without worrying about my spot being taken. Because of this, i’ve improved in bouldering (climbing without a rope) and dedicated more time to challenging walls.
- The nice temps. The high temperatures haven’t dropped below fifty yet, and most days they’re around sixty. The sun makes layering bearable, and I hope we can hold onto this weather for as long as possible before winter hits.